Well, I'm home from our first (and only, I hope!) IUI attempt. Yes, I did POAS this morning just so I could see what a + HPT looks like.
| The first + pregnancy test I have ever had thanks to the shot of HCG I got yesterday. |
![]() | ||||||||
| Today's Lucky Socks-- the doc loved them! |
We got to the clinic about 0830 and everything and everyone was so much nicer than at the clinic on post and the best part was that there weren't any damn kids in the waiting room.
Sidebar: Total pet peeve of mine. The last two times I have been to the IF clinic on post there have been children in the waiting room. Don't get me wrong, I obviously LOVE kids since I'm through hell to become a mom but who seriously brings KIDS to an INFERTILITY clinic? It's bad enough that some genius decided to put the IF clinic right next to the OB/GYN waiting area and I have to listen to people make their pre-natal appointments. Find an effing babysitter. End rant.
M got called back within a few minutes to do his thing. At least he had privacy in this office--unlike doing it in the public restroom at the hospital on post with no privacy whatsoever. Let's just say that M is a ROCK star. His "donation" was AMAZING. Here are the numbers:
Pre-Wash Final Sample Normal
Volume 4.0ml .4 ml
Concentration 163 million 295 million >20
Motility 72% 84% >50
Rapid and Linear 18% 25% >15
Total Motile Sperm 469.4 million 99.1 million >10
When we saw those numbers I gave M a big high five and even the doctor said he did great. Normal is 10 million and he had 99. Insanity! Because of his 99 million contribution I have dubbed M as "The Sperminator." I told M that he gets a gold star and he said that he wanted ice cream too! I love him. <3
I did not expect the procedure to be painful. I didn't feel a thing when I had my hysteroscopy done but I felt twinges of intense pain with the IUI. She said there is a slight that both eggs will be fertilized but not a huge change. The good news is that I have double the chance of getting pregnant with one baby. I was not given any restrictions for activities so basically I'm just playing the waiting game. When we paid on our way out the receptionist handed us the receipt and said, "For the baby book!" =)
It's so hard not to get my hopes up. M leaves on Tuesday for training so he'll be in the field when I find out one way or the other. I just hope he has cell phone service or I will be driving the 4 hours to tell him in person. Oh...and we did stop and get M a pint of Half Baked on the way home for his awesome efforts. :)
I do have a little cramping so I'm going to take it easy the rest of the night. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I hope these next two weeks fly by!

KMFX for you! Ours is tomorrow. Hoping no pain, not happy to hear that you had some :( Only 1 eggie over here.. hoping that's all we need. AMAZING numbers from your hubby. Can't wait to see what ours are!!! GL again!! <3
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things went well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDelete