Apr 27, 2011

Idiocracy

Do you ever feel like you're living in a society of idiots; just like in the movie Idiocracy? For those of you who haven't seen this "gem" of a film, you're not missing much. It's pretty stupid actually, but it's supposed to be. Here's the basic idea:  Army dude (aka Joe Schmo)  is frozen in an experiment for one year but is mistakenly frozen for 500 years. When he wakes up, he is the smartest human being alive thanks to human "evolution" and the insane breeding habits of dumb people versus intelligent people.  Watch the video.


While the couple's infertility is nothing to laugh at, the concept as a whole is pretty hilarious and unfortunately true. Why is it that seemingly idiotic people can procreate so easily and I can't even get one? The topic the prompted this blog entry was a post on a message board for Army spouses.  Literally dozens of women were whining that they couldn't feed their multiple kids on their husband's paycheck and that it was bullshit that they don't qualify for government assistance, specifically subsidized income from the Army.
Women like this make military wives look bad as a whole. Maybe it's because I'm infertile but I have a HUGE problem with people who have children they can't afford, especially military wives. Military wives who could easily march their pretty little butts to the nearest MTF and get FREE BIRTH CONTROL instead of popping out kids like an assembly line. Life is just so unfair sometimes.
Earlier this evening I posted this as my facebook status:
"Dear incredibly-fertile-military-wife-with-half a dozen kids-bitching-about-not-qualifying-for-government-assistance-when-you-can-barely-afford-to-feed-your-kids-on-what-your-husband-makes, I have three things to say to you: #1 Eff you. #2 Get a job and #3 Birth control is free."

One of my friends on facebook suggested to me that I take my sewing machine to their *(&@ so they couldn't pop out any more kids. Ha.

I'm 7 DPIU today. Commence phantom symptoms: bloating, cramps, sore boobs fatigue.

5 comments:

  1. can i use that as my status? i would love to see what some of my friends write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away. Let me know what they say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true for military & non-military people! I'd post it but the people who it was intended for would not be smart enough to get that it was meant for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just posted it so ill let you know what everyone says when i get comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. i only got a few likes and one comment that said "this made me laugh" maybe ill get more later, i really thought some of my friends would freak out about it lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!