Feb 4, 2013

Baby #2

Don't get all excited. No, I'm not pregnant. Mike and I have been talking about future children. We will be more than happy with Hazel but I am from a big family and would love for her to have at least one sibling. I know it's morbid but i don't want her to be all alone when Mike and I are gone.  I've  heard stories about women miraculously getting pregnant on their own after IVF but I am not going to get my hopes up. It's still hard being surrounded by fertile army wives who managed to get pregnant on birth control. Infertility sucks.

Do i really want to go through the hassle of tracking my BBT, ovualtion strip, blah blah when it didn't work before? Plus I have yet to have a post partum period--thank you breastfeeding! I

I'm so grateful that we have been blessed with Hazel. I get to stare into the face of a true miracle every single day. I just wish I could say, "Okay, Hazel is a year old I think we should have another baby" and BAM be pregnant again. But nope, it won't be easy for us.  I would love to go back to WA and see my old doctor for IVF again but who knows what Uncle Sam will have to say about that. Did I mention infertility sucks?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes it does! Not being able to have an "oops!" or even a "planned" (without medical intervention) baby really just plain sucks. Sorry that today is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the previous poster. Also, I'm curious if you have any embryos frozen? That's got to be complicated, transferring those to a new doctor across the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't. Only two embryos made it to transfer day and we used both. Only one stuck--Hazel is our little champion. :)

      Delete
  3. I wanna be one if those biatches I envied with an oooops or a surprise!! Lol!!! :p one can dream...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!