Feb 10, 2013

Send Some Love

*****trigger warning: child loss*****




Yesterday one of the Facebook pages I follow, The Progressive Parent, posted that their 14 month old baby had passed away in his sleep Friday night. It broke my heart. I can not even begin to imagine the grief she is feeling.

I don't know her but I cried for her. I feel like I know her heart just by reading this. I cried for her precious baby when I nursed Hazel to sleep last night, savoring the moment as I knew she will never be able to again. Mike had to come back in and give her extra kisses. It's so incredibly sad and unnerving.


"With a broken heart, I'm here to tell you that my sweet baby Patrick passed away last night in his sleep- possibly SIDS- autopsy on Monday.

I am beyond heartbroken, beyond numb... But the ONE thing bringing me peace right now is that I am confident in our love and attachment. I am so grateful I never let him cry it out because those minutes were precious ones. I am grateful I let the laundry fall by the wayside so I could sit and nurse my baby on the couch and cuddle when he didn't feel well.

I love him so, so much. I don't even know what this means for the page or he blog... just please, keep our family in your prayers- I still have to tell my 5 year old daughter when she wakes up.

Rest in peace, Pat Pat- and give your grandpa a high 5 for me. You are deeply loved and deeply missed... and always will be. ♥"

If you get a chance, go show this mama some love.

1 comment:

  1. This is awful!! :( my worst nightmare. I just can't even imagine....... There are no words.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!