I think I've finally found my niche in Alabama. I've found a great group of ladies and have become involved in a few different fitness groups--Commence Operation MILF.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays I have started training for a 5K with some other moms using the Couch to 5k program from cool running. It's a very effective program that I've used a few times before. We are planning to run the St. Patrick's Day 5k on Post.
On Fridays I'm doing "Moms on a Roll" which is a Stroller Strides type of fitness group that takes place at the track behind the gym. Basically it's running and cross training. Every half lap we do a station with various exercises like squats, planks, crunches, push ups, etc. For a total of two miles. It's a great, tiring workout.
I gained over 40 pounds with my pregnancy and I still have about 9-10 pounds of baby weight to lose. Ideally, I would like to lose another 15 after that to get to my pre-fertility drugs weight but mostly I just want to get fit and feel more energized. I still feel the effects of the lingering relaxin in my system but not nearly as much as I did before I started exercising again.
Up until now Hazel hasn't spent any time in her stroller because I just wear her everywhere so getting her used to it has been somewhat challenging. Coupling that with the fact that the workouts normally coincide with her nap time has made this difficult at times. Very rarely has she fallen asleep in the stroller on her own. During these times I've heard her hum and sing herself to sleep and that was that. More often than not she is good for 5-10 minutes then will start crying and not settle back down. When this happens I stop what I'm doing, take her out and soothe her since I'm not going to just let her scream. Sometimes she'll fall asleep on me within minutes and sometimes she calms down enough to get sleepy again. Either way, she'll let me lay her back in the stroller and she normally takes a nap for a decent amount of time. She just wants her mama's comfort to fall asleep and I don't blame her for that one bit since that's what she's used to. So sometimes i end up behind the group for my workouts but that's okay, at least I'm out there. Hazel is the youngest baby that goes and the other moms are very understanding.
Alabama is looking up!
Good for you! I'm so happy to hear things are looking up at your new post- its no fun feeling like an outsider where you live!
ReplyDeleteHey, I finally figured out why your blog wasn't showing up in my feed. You moved! Found ya! So glad to hear you're settling in well!
ReplyDelete