How big is baby? The size of an apple.
Symptoms: I'm still waking up with a headache most mornings. My gag reflex is still very sensitive but not quite as bad as it was in past months. However, on top of the gag reflex I have now also been blessed with afternoon/evening nausea. My appetite is pretty much zilch and with my mom here I have to constantly remind her not to talk to me about food. Still throwing up almost daily. Oh! I also found what looks like the beginning of stretch marks on my boobs. Bye bye pretty boobs.
Total weight gain/loss: Around 3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? A necessity. Even my fat pants don't button anymore! Most of the time I'm in pajamas around the house though, which could get a bit embarrassing now that we live on post.
Sleep: It's getting much better most nights! I'm only getting up 3-4 times to pee now.
Best moment this week: This is from last week but since I didn't get to update then I'm using it for this week. From my appointment with my midwife on 2/16. I recorded this on my phone and I listen to it over and over. It's the sweetest sound in the world:
Symptoms: I'm still waking up with a headache most mornings. My gag reflex is still very sensitive but not quite as bad as it was in past months. However, on top of the gag reflex I have now also been blessed with afternoon/evening nausea. My appetite is pretty much zilch and with my mom here I have to constantly remind her not to talk to me about food. Still throwing up almost daily. Oh! I also found what looks like the beginning of stretch marks on my boobs. Bye bye pretty boobs.
Total weight gain/loss: Around 3 pounds.
Maternity clothes? A necessity. Even my fat pants don't button anymore! Most of the time I'm in pajamas around the house though, which could get a bit embarrassing now that we live on post.
Sleep: It's getting much better most nights! I'm only getting up 3-4 times to pee now.
Best moment this week: This is from last week but since I didn't get to update then I'm using it for this week. From my appointment with my midwife on 2/16. I recorded this on my phone and I listen to it over and over. It's the sweetest sound in the world:
Gender: Unknown but we're finding out in less than a week! My 28th birthday is on March 2nd and I decided I wanted an elective ultrasound as my present. It will be great to see the baby again and hopefully the tech will be able to get a nice peek at the goods! So excited to start shopping!
Movement: Nothing that I'm really sure of but I can't wait!
Food cravings: Four cheese cheez.its, chocolate donuts, grapefruit, salt potatoes (reminiscent of our time in NY)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In but it looks like it's starting to flatten.
What I miss: My head not feeling like it was going to split in two every morning.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move more and finding out the gender!
Next Appointment: 3/14 with my midwife.
Weekly Wisdom: The nausea and throwing up do not just disappear once you hit 2nd tri.
Milestones: Do stretch marks on my boobs count as a milestone? Ha. I need to make a trip to Costco and buy some Bio.Oil. I'm definitely showing now. My bump doesn't disappear when I suck it in anymore. Yay for baby bumps!
Thoughts on meeting my midwife:
Last week I met my midwife for the first time and I got a really great vibe from her. She's young, energetic, bubbly and very friendly. Just the type of person I need around when I'm going to be in agony. ;) I asked her about her philosophy on the birthing process and she said that she is very open to whatever I want, whether it be a water birth or an epidural as soon as I walk in the door. I was originally looking into the prospect of having a water birth but Kristina told me that the pushing tubs don't have the jets. All the other rooms have the jacuzzi tubs though and that most women find the jets very effective for pain management. So, I'm re-thinking my plan. Luckily I have several months to figure it out! Stupid me forgot to mention my placenta previa to her so I'm wondering if I missed out on a chance to see the baby but I did get to hear the sweet heartbeat. It was a short appointment but I got a good feel for the practice. I definitely feel confident delivering with them and now that we've moved the hospital is less than 20 minutes from our house. I can't believe that in less than a week we are going to find out if we're having a baby boy or girl!

congrats!! :D
ReplyDeleteBeen wondering where you've been! Glad to see some more bump pics and hear everything is still going smoothly =)
ReplyDeleteAdorable bump!! I am excited to know what your having!!
ReplyDeleteAww you definitely have a cute bump going on!! Congrats on 15 weeks!
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOOVVVEEE that sound! So happy things are going well for you :)
ReplyDelete