Feb 3, 2012

12 Weeks


How big is baby?
The size of a plum. I think I'm finally starting to look pregnant instead of looking like I ate too much pizza!
Symptoms: The insomnia is back and I'm still having the horrible gagging (not nearly as bad though--I only three up a handful of times this week) and headaches almost daily.
Total weight gain/loss: 1-2 pounds
Maternity clothes? Jeans and a few shirts.
Sleep: I'm up every 2 hours (at least) to pee and it seems like I'm waking up every morning around 0230-0300 and not able to fall back asleep until after Mike leaves for PT around 0530. Blech.
Best moment this week: Being offered a house on post and realizing it will be our baby's first home!
Movement: Nope but I can't wait!
Food cravings: No real cravings but my appetite is coming back.
Gender: Not yet but we'll hopefully be finding out in a few weeks!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Brushing my teeth without gagging and throwing up.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move.
Next Appointment: 2/16 to meet my midwife
Weekly Wisdom: Always keep a plastic bag in your purse, just in case. I ended up needing mine in the middle of the freezer aisle at Fred Meyer this week.
Milestones: According to my book, "Pregnancy Day By Day" I am officially in the second tri! I also got to stop the PIO injections last Saturday--woooohooo!

12 week bump



Front of the house

Back of the house--we'll be putting up a fence for the girls
Good news on the housing front: While we did not get our first choice (new housing) we were offered another house this week--a duplex with a garage and we're just thankful we won't be homeless at the end of the month. It's within walking distance of where Mike does PT, the hangar, commissary, PX, etc. I think it will be a comfortable home for us and we sign for it next week. It hit me last night that this house will be our baby's first home. Surreal! It's going to be crazy these next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY your already 12 weeks!! YAY!!! :) The new house will be fun! You have some pretty Exciting stuff going on!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    P.S. your little bump is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, what a cute bump you have! I'm jealous. Second, your book says second tri already?! Everything I have says it's end of 13th or even 14th week! I like your book better, I'm just gonna go ahead and say I reached the 2nd Tri =)

    Congrats on the house, exciting news!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!