We are TEAM PINK!
Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. It was my 28th birthday, I spent the day sewing with my mom (she came out to help us move/clean) making a mei tai carrier and after Mike got off work we went to have our elective gender scan aka my birthday present. The sonographer was super nice and very patient--our little girl was being extremely stubborn. Her butt was against my uterine wall and he just couldn't get a good shot between the legs. When her butt did move up, the cord would be in the way or she'd have her legs crossed--what a modest little girl! FINALLY he got a good peek and it was definitely a girl--hamburger all the way. One look wasn't enough for him though, he wanted to be sure. He had me lay on my right side, then left and then finally walk the hallway to try to get the baby to move again so we could get another peek. Such a sweet and patient man. We got a lot of really great pictures of her and I was crying tears of joy as I laid there in the dark. I've blogged a few times about how I've always dreamed of having a baby girl and now my dream is coming true. My sweetheart of a husband told me last night that he has been wishing for a girl (while secretly pretending to want a boy) because he knew it was my dream. Our entire family is so excited and my mother in law, who has two boys, has already started shopping. This will be the sixth granddaughter for my parents and my nephew, Ben, is still apparently "the chosen one."
![]() |
| Already a football fan? Doing the Tebow. |
![]() | ||
| Profile |
![]() |
| Sweet little baby foot! |
![]() |
| 16 Weeks |
![]() |
| Mei Tai carrier my mom and I made. Fashioned after a Baby.hawk and modeled after my 24 year old bear, Lucy. Hopefully our wee one isn't as fluffy as her and will fit better! =) |
How big is baby? The size of an avocado.
Symptoms: Evening nausea, throwing up, terrible break outs, stretch marks on my boobs, insomnia, peeing.a.lot. I've thrown up almost every night my mom has been here. She joked about her cooking being the culprit.
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. I haven't weighed myself since before the move.
Maternity clothes? A must. I scored two pairs of maternity jeans (Old Navy and Gap) and three Motherhood Maternity shirts at a consignment shop for like $20 bucks.
Sleep: Meh. The insomnia around 0300 is back.
Best moment this week: There were a few. Around Tuesday/Wednesday I realized that I had been feeling something for a few days in a row. It's very hard to describe. It wasn't really bubbles but more like tap, tap, taps and sometimes butterflies. After the third day of this I figured that it's probably the baby. This morning I had a glass of orange juice and immediately started feeling butterflies. That's my baby in there! The other best moment was find out that I have a healthy baby girl growing inside me. A dream come true.
Gender: GIRL
Movement: Butterflies and tap, tap, taps.
Food cravings: None.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In but it looks like it's starting to flatten.
What I miss: Having energy.
What I am looking forward to: Buying girly stuff!
Next Appointment: 3/14 with my midwife.
Weekly Wisdom: Eat constantly. It will help with the sick feeling.
Milestones: Buying my first ever C cup bra! Finding a great deal on a Chicco stroller, deciding on a car seat, unpacking our new house and referring to the third bedroom as "the baby's room" instead of "the junk room." Finding out we're having a wee baby girl!
Symptoms: Evening nausea, throwing up, terrible break outs, stretch marks on my boobs, insomnia, peeing.a.lot. I've thrown up almost every night my mom has been here. She joked about her cooking being the culprit.
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. I haven't weighed myself since before the move.
Maternity clothes? A must. I scored two pairs of maternity jeans (Old Navy and Gap) and three Motherhood Maternity shirts at a consignment shop for like $20 bucks.
Sleep: Meh. The insomnia around 0300 is back.
Best moment this week: There were a few. Around Tuesday/Wednesday I realized that I had been feeling something for a few days in a row. It's very hard to describe. It wasn't really bubbles but more like tap, tap, taps and sometimes butterflies. After the third day of this I figured that it's probably the baby. This morning I had a glass of orange juice and immediately started feeling butterflies. That's my baby in there! The other best moment was find out that I have a healthy baby girl growing inside me. A dream come true.
Gender: GIRL
Movement: Butterflies and tap, tap, taps.
Food cravings: None.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In but it looks like it's starting to flatten.
What I miss: Having energy.
What I am looking forward to: Buying girly stuff!
Next Appointment: 3/14 with my midwife.
Weekly Wisdom: Eat constantly. It will help with the sick feeling.
Milestones: Buying my first ever C cup bra! Finding a great deal on a Chicco stroller, deciding on a car seat, unpacking our new house and referring to the third bedroom as "the baby's room" instead of "the junk room." Finding out we're having a wee baby girl!





Yay! This post makes me so excited for our ultrasound next week :) congrats on your sweet baby GIRL!! Ahh, it must feel so good to know who is in there!
ReplyDeleteso your little girl is going to have the most adorable wardrobe, since you're so creative with the sewing machine! http://thinkliz.com/free-sewing-patterns/
ReplyDeletethought of you when I saw this site :)
congrats for team pink!!
Congrats on your being on TEAM PINK!! :D YAY!!
ReplyDeleteYeah for pink! And what a great sonographer. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of you feeling movement! I've got nothing over here ;-)
ReplyDeleteYay for Team Pink!
YAY!!! Congrats on finding out your having a little girl!!! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteYay for team pink!!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, how exciting!! Congrats!! Now you get to go buy all of the cute little baby girl clothes out there. Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI totally thought I commented on this!! I am so excited for you! This is so sweet that your hubby secretly wanted a girl for you!
ReplyDelete