Mar 29, 2012

Bargain Shopping

Baby Girl's Closet
This morning I went to a huuuuuuge Children's & Maternity consignment sale and scored big!  There was early admission for first time parents and military and I'm so glad I got up early and stood outside in the freezing weather and pouring rain--it was well worth it. I beat the crowds and found some great deals.  I had a list of things I wanted to look for first-- a glider for the nursery, something in good condition, even if it meant re-covering the cushions, and an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper.  Amongst this huge sale they only had one glider, can you believe it? And it was fugly.  They did have a couple Co-sleepers but they were way overpriced considering their used condition. I've seen them for $50-60 and these were $80-100, so I passed on those as well.  Next on my list was cloth diapers, a baby bath tub and maternity clothes. Why not baby clothes? Well, my wonderful sister sent us home with a ton of clothes! Our little one's dresser is almost full and her closet is already busting at the seams. I think  she's already pretty much set until six months. I don't want to start buying too many things bigger than that because we don't know how big she'll be for the season (and we don't know how much longer we'll be in the cold, rainy Pacific Northwest. I'll blog more about that later.) The closet picture doesn't include this tote of clothes given to us by a friend last night. Our little one is going to be a fashionista!
More clothes!

My mission.


So, I bypassed the clothes and went straight to baby gear. First thing I found was an adorable pair of Minnie Mouse Rompeez, since I'm a sucker for almost anything Disney. These weren't on my list but they were too cute to pass up. The next item on my list was cloth diapers--I didn't really expect to find too much since most moms either hold on to their diapers for future kids or sell them online to make a bigger profit. I was happily surprised though! I found two like new (read: no stains!) small Knicker Nappies that included microfiber/hemp doubler inserts for $14. Retail price: $48.88. HUGE savings and they're in GREAT condition.  I also found a brand new small and medium Fuzzibunz with inserts for $9! Retail: $19.95 each. Another great score! My goal was to stay under $100 so I didn't want to go too crazy. I did put a few things back after looking up the new price with my Amazon app. Why would I pay $15 for a used breathable bumper when I can get a new one for a few dollars more, you know? I ended up spending $100.01 and came out with.........

Like new Boppy still in the bag, changing table organizer, Covered in Love nursing cover, 2 new Fuzzibunz w/ inserts, 2 like new Knicker Nappies w/ inserts, Minnie Mouse Robeez, Gymboree sunhat new with tags, Motherhood Maternity shirt, 13 Green Mountain DSQ orange edge prefolds, 3 rattles and a bath tub. Total: $100.01
Total estimated savings: $157.45




All I have to say is that this kid better still be a girl when I go for my big ultrasound on Tuesday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Um...wow! I literally have nothing, NOTHING! I can't believe how many clothes you already have!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've literally bought only a few things. We bought some sleepers after every early ultrasound to celebrate, there are a few things I picked up at a re-sale shop but everything else is from my sister. She has three girls and her youngest is quickly outgrowing things since she was a 10 pound baby at birth!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great deals! And how lovely to have people give you so many clothes. I've been blessed with this too. :) I'm sure she will still be a girl, at least let's hope so! Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!