Sep 9, 2010

Here Come the Irish!

Last weekend we went up to Rick and Colleen's (my sister-in-law's parents') house on Lake Cavanaugh--about 1.5 hours north of Seattle. We went there in July and it is so pretty up there! The weather wasn't nearly as nice this time so we spent a lot of time indoors. Saturday we watched the Notre Dame vs Purdue game. I have to say--it was pretty freaking awesome to watch the Irish on a big ass screen while sitting in first class airplane seats!

Watching the Irish in the theater room

After the game we went outside for some volleyball. Shawn, Rick, and I against everyone else.
Look, Mom! Megan's still got ups!

It was a fun weekend away from real life and Mike was able to enjoy himself a lot more this time--he even played a little badminton. Zero and Bailey had a blast chasing the chipmunks and squirrels and were exhausted at the end of every day. It was great to escape for a few days. This weekend we will probably take it easy since Mike's had a rough week at work--downed aircraft phone calls at 0100 are never fun. It's also the ND vs Michigan game and you know what that means!!! MUCK FICHIGAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!