Aug 27, 2010

How do I Convince Myself to Click Share?

I have several friends who are struggling with infertility as well. They are internet "strangers" but sometimes I feel like that know my own heart better than many people I know in real life. Today, one of my dear friends posted a beautiful music video on Facebook with an emotional song about wanting to have a child. I've seen it before but it still made me cry. I wanted so badly to click 'share' and post it to my Facebook wall. I want to come out of the Infertility Closet. I want to have the support of my real life friends rather than feeling like we're going through it alone. I don't know what is stopping me. Maybe because I don't want to get unwanted advice---if one more person tells me to "relax and it will happen" I just might go Courtney Love on their ass. Maybe I'm scared because it is so incredibly personal. I don't want pity from anyone and I definitely don't want empathy from someone who had to try a whole three months. I'm in the dreaded two week wait right now and having all my usual phantom symptoms. I'm really struggling today. For my readers who are also struggling with IF--how did you 'come out?' What do you do to not feel so alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!