I used to dread Mother's Day. I hated the stupid commercials that started in April. I hated the displays of flowers and chocolates in stores. At every turn I was reminded that I wasn't a mom, that my body was a failure. But finally, finally....yesterday was different. Yesterday, my first Mother's Day, was a perfect day.
I woke up to kisses from my miracle baby and a message in a bottle--Mike wrote me a poem about motherhood and surviving infertility. It made me cry! I am so lucky.
Our original plan was to spend the entire weekend at the beach but the weather on Saturday was crappy so we just went for the day yesterday. Oh my gosh--so gorgeous! We went to Santa Rosa Beach, near Seaside, FL--where The Truman Show was filmed! The clearest, bluest water I've ever seen. So perfect. It was about 80 degrees, no wind and the water felt awesome!
Hazel wasn't crawling the last time we were at the beach so I thought for sure she'd be all over this time. She was so good! She was happy to stay in our little tent and play with her toys, only crawling away when one of us encouraged her to do so. It was a perfect day.
 |
| This stuff feels weird. |
 |
| This stuff looks weird too. |
 |
| Does it taste good? |
 |
| I'm so lucky to have him. |
 |
| I just love her. |
 |
| She was having so much fun! |
 |
| She loves giving slobbery kisses now! |
I can't even begin to describe how much I love breastfeeding. It is so empowering to know that my body is sustaining Hazel. I love the bonding and love that is shared between us and I love the way she gazes up at me when she nurses. For me, breastfeeding Hazel is the epitome of motherhood. For my first Mother's Day I wanted nothing more than a beautiful picture of me nursing my miracle baby. Mike took several throughout the day but this was my favorite one. When Hazel has kids of her own and I'm old and gray, I will look back on this picture and remember how special our breastfeeding time was, how in love we were. It was a perfect day.
You deserved a perfect day!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day! I'm glad it was so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you! Love the pics. :)
ReplyDelete