In my last entry I had ended it by telling you about how
all our stuff was stolen. Easily over $700 worth of stuff when you take into account our stroller, diaper bag, cooler, backpack and not to mention everything
in the bags-- cloth diaper friendly diaper cream, extra clothes, natural sunscreen, sun hat, baby mittens, diapers, changing pad--you name it, we had it. We had to make an emergency trip to a Super Target about 5 miles away from Disney World. When I'm on vacation at Disney World one of the best parts is just that escape from reality so it really, really sucked having to leave that and go shopping. I know I use the word suck a lot but really--everything about this sucked.
We bought the basics--a cheap stroller, sun hat, warm baby clothes, sunscreen, diaper cream, etc. It was still almost $300. Ugh. We were extremely rushed too because we had to get back for our dinner reservation. Mike and I just kept saying over and over, "It's just stuff." to help us feel better. I just didn't want the rest of our week to be ruined so we tried our best to brush it off--we had a dinner to get to! That wouldn't stop us from looking twice at every turquoise stroller we saw though.
 |
| Mmm....broccoli! |
That night we ate at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. It's a buffet meal with Lady Tremaine, Cinderella and Prince Charming and the step-sisters. The Grand Floridian is gorgeous, albeit a little too hoity toity for my taste. I felt underdressed in my t-shirt and jeans! The buffet was FABULOUS. So many yummy things to choose from--salads, carving station, desert bar and their strawberry soup is to die for.
 |
| Birthday Cupcake! |
 |

After dinner I got Hazel changed into some warmer clothes since we were going to be headed back to Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours--a perk of staying on site. Each day one of the parks either opens early or stays open late and only Disney Resort guests can take advantage. It's awesome! We headed upstairs to catch the Monorail back into the park. It was almost time for Wishes!
We walked up Main Street and were heading over toward Crystal Palace when I saw it--all our stuff! Our stroller and everything else was parked on the edge of a random bridge. I shouted at Mike and pointed to what I saw and he ran ahead. I couldn't believe we had actually found it--and that nothing appeared to be missing! The backpack looked untouched but every single zipper was open in the diaper bag--they were obviously looking for cash and such. I guess when they couldn't find it they dumped everything? The only things we figured out were missing was the El Wire we had bought to light up the stroller at night and our D-Ring. Guess they had to make it a point to keep something. Assholes.
What we can't figure out though is how long our stuff had just been sitting there. There's no way Disney would have just let it sit in the middle of a busy walk way for six hours. I mean, they were getting onto us while we just stood there in awe that we found everything. Were they really ballsy enough to walk around with someone else's very unique stroller for half the day? Or did Mike scare the people away when he ran up to it? I guess we'll never know. At least we could go on celebrating and enjoying the rest of our week!!!
WISHES
One of the reasons I was so glad to have our backpack back--we got the ear protection for Hazel back! She slept right through the fireworks!
After the Electrical Parade we headed back to the New Fantasyland for a new attraction--Enchanted Tales with Belle. The rest of the day the wait had been over an hour long but this time the wait was only about 15 minutes during Extra Magic Hours--score! So this attraction is really neat. You meet Belle and get to hear all about the day she and the Beast fell in love. They choose people from the audience to play special roles--her father, Phillipe, The Wardrobe, etc. Mike and both my nieces were chosen to participate.
Madeline and Annabelle had these sparkly Sketchers that lit up when they walked. Belle told Madeline that she liked her shoes so Madeline had to show her how they lit up. Then Belle showed Madeline her shoes. :)
Annabelle, Shannon and I on Space Mountain
One of the pitfalls of this trip was how darn cold it was. It was so cold for Central Florida and it really put a damper on things. All the babies' faces were chapped from the cold and wind. We decided we needed warm drinks and to escape the cold for a bit so we went in to Gaston's Tavern. Poor Madeline was so sleepy she was falling asleep at the table but it was also almost 1 am!
I just love the Magic Kingdom at night, especially during Extra Magic Hours.

When we got back to the hotel I had a surprise waiting for me--birthday balloons and a stuffed Flounder. Mike had called a few weeks ahead and arranged it. Awwww. What a day!
This was from our first night there in Downtown Disney but I just had to post it. Uncle Mike can't resist a good dance party, especially when there his dance partners are his sweet nieces!
|
Yay I'm so glad you found the stroller with all your belongings for Hazel! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I would have been FURIOUS about the stroller thing. TO be honest I was paranoid at Disney myself just because you rbing SO much stuff for your baby there! What jerks do that kinda thing??? UGH. Dang Disney screwed us both! haha! Good thing the rest was fun!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got your things back. People suck. Glad it didn't ruin your trip! Also, where did you get the ear protection from?
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! I actually squealed out loud when I read that you found the stroller. YAY!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy story with a crazy awesome ending!!! So glad to hear you got your stuff back, and I hope you were able to return all the stuff from Target too!
ReplyDelete