I can't believe it's already been a month since you this beautiful baby girl came into our lives. It's amazing how quickly they change--Hazel doesn't look like a newborn anymore! I think Mike and I are finally figuring out her quirks, likes and dislikes. She still has does her monkey cry (it makes everyone who hears it laugh!) and she's starting to make a lot more noise, particularly in her sleep. She does this adorable thing when she sneezes--she'll sneeze twice and then give a huge sigh like, "That felt good!" It's the cutest thing ever. She is growing so fast and doesn't fit in any newborn clothes anymore but most 0-3 month clothing is still huge on her. She's starting to make eye contact more often and I can *almost* get smiles on demand when I give her raspberries or kiss her neck. She's happiest in Mommy's arms or in the Ring Sling but Dad's arms are a close second. It's hit or miss if she likes her swing and bouncy.

Breastfeeding is still amazing. I have sustained another life for an entire month already! It's a powerful feeling. She's not nursing quite as often anymore but I know she's getting more than enough based on the rolls that she's starting to form. Well, that and her diapers. Who knew little girls could be so explosive?!
Speaking of diapers, cloth diapering is going great too! We are using mostly prefolds and covers at home. I like the Osocozy prefolds over the Green Mountain Diaper prefolds and I love the Thirsties covers. Those double gussets have saved us from blowouts more times than once! I have one Bummis cover that is still a bit too big for her but I don't think I'll like it as much since it doesn't have those double gussets. We have some Alva newborns and Thirsties Duos and have alrwady had to go to the next biggest snap setting! No, shs can't be growing that much already! At night time we are using pocket diapers just because they're easier to put one when we're half awake and I also think that the micro suede helps to keep her feel dryer longer since she's not getting changed as often at night. So far we've only had leaks when she's gone too long without being changed. Since we bedshare, I often wake up long enough just to get her latched and I often fall back asleep before I change her diaper and sometimes we get leaks. I have enough diapers to wash every other day but I normally end up washing every day just because. We do need more wipes though so I'll be sending the remaining of my flannel stash to my friend
Allie who is going to make me more. We're going to do disposable diapers and wipes on our upcoming move though. I hope we don't have any issues with diaper rash or blow outs!
Mike went back to work last week so I've had a few days where it's been just the two of us--I've even gone out with her by myself a few times. One time last week to say farewell to some of the members of my natural moms group and once today to say bye to some ladies from the infertility support group I started who are now pregnant or mommies.
 |
| Look at all the babywearing mamas! |
|
|
|
|
|
Since we moved to Washington, we have spent the last two Labor Day weekends at my sister-in-law's mom's lake house up north. The first year we went Mike had just blown out his MCL and PCL so he wasn't able to do much except sit there and enjoy his vicodin. Last year I was recovering from my
laparoscopy and this year we had our new baby girl with us! Shannon's family has become a second family to use over the past two and a half years so the weekend was bittersweet as we said our goodbyes to them. Hazel and the twins got lots of snuggles from everyone!
 |
| Baby Heaven! |
 |
| Hazel and Shannon's grandma Booma |
 |
| Arthur, Grandma and Hazel |
 |
| Uncle Shawny and Hazel |
 |
| I am going to miss the beautiful Pacific Northwest! |
 |
Soaking up the sunshine!
|
|
|
|
| |
|
|
|
This post made me tear up. It's so amazing how far we've come and it really makes my heart soar to see how happy you and Mike are. You couldn't hide the joy with a bag over your heads!! I love this!
ReplyDeleteLittle Hazel (getting bigger ever day, go Megan's boobs!) it's so clear how loved you are my dear <3
Hazel is so beautiful! I love that first photo the most! Best of luck to all of you in the move. I can't wait to see/hear about your new place!
ReplyDeleteShe is a gorgeous baby! Happy One Month. I love that last photo of you three :)
ReplyDeleteHappy ONE Month!!
ReplyDeleteYay for rolls!! Amazing how they only look good on babies! :)
I need to order those sticker things for our upcoming picutres!
How is the placenta encapsulation coming? I'm so on the edge of my seat to hear about your experience with it...