If my infertile self could see or hear me now I am pretty sure she'd slap me. I've officially become that whiny, miserable pregnant woman. I have absolutely loved being pregnant, even when I threw up the first 18 weeks, but these past few days have been awful. I never understood that, "I'm done." feeling I've read about on my birth month board for the last several weeks but I understand it now. I feel huge, I ache all over, it's increasingly difficult every single day to even get out of bed or off the couch or put on my shoes. Of course the heat wave we've been having in the Pacific Northwest hasn't helped. Our weather here is generally pretty mild--40s in the winter and high 70s in the summer. If it gets above 80 people start complaining and 90 is just downright awful because most people don't have AC here. It's been 90+ the past two days and it's been kicking my butt. Just walking from the car to the inside of a store took all my energy. I feel like a crippled Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. My swelling has been pretty good for the past few weeks but has returned with a vengeance. Sleeping at 38 weeks pregnant is hard enough when it's not 75+ degrees in your room at night. Seriously, I should just smack myself, right?
Ultimately, I know she will come when she's ready and I know these last few weeks are very important for her health but I still can't wait to meet my baby!!!

I am right there with you... SOOOO DONE! I keep promising the boys this would be a great day for a birthday, but they obviously don't believe me!!
ReplyDeleteMike told her this morning that it would be a great day to come out since my midwife is on call. No such luck. :/
ReplyDeleteSo jealous of the home stretch and almost seeing your baby!
ReplyDeleteKeep her in Megan, they're just too teeny when they come out early =) You want a big fat baby!
ReplyDelete