Oct 29, 2010

Out of the IF Closet!

I'll be leaving in a few hours for my HSG. I'm really nervous--not necessarily about the procedure but more about receiving bad news.

I came out on Facebook this morning. This is HUGE for me. If you've been reading my blog long you know that being in the infertility closet is something I have been struggling with for a long time.


***** is tired of suffering in silence and is coming out of the infertility closet. After 22 months of trying to become parents, Mike and I pursuing fertility treatments. Today I am having some testing done and am praying for good results. I promise to spare you the gritty details of our journey and the goings-on of our rep...roductive organs but as for your prayers and support as we get through this! ♥ Disclaimer: Please read the following article before commenting.

See More
Chances are, you know someone who is struggling with infertility. More than seven million people of childbearing age in the United States experience infertility. Yet, as a society, we are woefully uninformed about how to best provide emotional support for our loved ones during this painful time.
about an hour ago   Custom: loading... · · · Share
 
 
 
My status was up for about an hour before I received my first "just relax" comment which I deleted too hastily out of anger. I should have left it up and responded with something snarky. Seriously--TWENTY-TWO MONTHS OF TRYING and you're going to tell me to RELAX?  Luckily I have received a lot of positive feedback which makes me feel great. 
 
I can't wait for this test to be over and to have a great Halloween weekend. Last year sucked--I was mourning the loss of my kitters, Prince, and I had swine flu. The year before that I sat in a dark house hiding from trick-or-treaters while Mike was in Iraq. This year....we will party like Seattleites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!