I am so beyond frustrated with the IF clinic at Madigan. On December 6 Mike and I had a followup appointment with the RE. This was the "HSG followup appointment" from when I had my HSG IN OCTOBER!
After waiting almost an hour past our scheduled appointment time we finally got called back. The resident doc came in and asked me what I knew so far and I said that the techs told me my HSG was all clear. She told me that they were wrong. Actually, she said "Well, they lied." How sensitive. My TUBES are clear but the HSG revealed a mass in my uterus, right near my cervix. She said it looks like scar tissue but she can't be sure because she's never seen anything like it. It is puzzling though because there is no reason for me to have scar tissue since I've never had a miscarriage or D&C or anything like that. Next step is to have a hysteroscopy next cycle for them to take a look. She said there's a 30% chance they won't find anything but if they do I will need to have a laproscopy to remove whatever they find. So the preliminary diagnosis is a uterine septum. I was happy to to finally have a preliminary diagnosis but it was still pretty upsetting.
On 8 December I called the IF clinic because I wanted to ask some questions and find out exactly what the radiologist's report said. A nurse called me back and I asked her what the radiologist report said and she said they think I have a small polyp or fibroid. They still want to do the hysteroscopy to take a better look at things. I said, "okay...well the doc said she'd never seen anything like it so that had me concerned." The nurse said "oh no...we see things like this all the time. we just want to take a better look at it and it's possible it will go away with your next cycle. " So I said, "okay well she was talking about a uterine septum." She said "No, it's nothing like that."
I hate Army doctors. WHY didn't someone call me sooner? As in some time between October 31 and December 6. That would have been nice.They were totally going to let me start Clomid last month had it not been for my trip out of state. Idiots!
So...that's where we are. According to the doctor, I have some 'never-before-seen' unknown mass in my uterus that could be preventing me from getting pregnant. According to the nurse I could possibly have a small polyp or fibroid. Either way, I still get to let these people, who I have TOTAL faith in (note sarcasm) shove a camera where no man has gone before. Merry Christmas, Megan!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!