First, I had some really whacky cravings yesterday. I had nachos for breakfast and around 4 I began to get an insatiable craving for Fudge Stripe Cookies. I haven't had those in years but I HAD to have them. Then it was Peppermint Ice Cream and then my mom's cheese logs, which required Velveeta. Thankfully, my wonderful husband arrived home with Fudge Stripe Cookies (and milk!), Velveeta AND Peppermint Ice Cream. I had at least three cookies before my dinner, several more after dinner and then a big bowl of Peppermint Ice Cream in bed later.
Around 11 I got to experience my first progesterone-induced hot flash. Holy mother of Hades--even Mike felt it when he climbed into bed. I woke up several times throughout the night to pee (and because of more hot flashes!) was up for an hour at five in the morning, fell asleep and didn't wake up again until almost 9. I got out of bed and immediately felt flu-like and absolutely exhausted. I've been parked on the couch all day, snuggled up in my bathrobe and I just experienced yet another progesterone side effect. I won't go into detail but lets just say that it left me running for the bathroom. Embryo transfer is set for 1730 tomorrow night! I am very excited about it, except for the whole "full bladder" thing.
I'm thinking of taking a hiatus from my business for awhile. It's not the sewing, it's the stupid customers. I just can't handle the incessant amount of questions like "How much is a bag?" "What are your prices?"when the answers are clearly listed on my website and my favorite "I received my order but changed my mind on what I wanted. I know you don't give refunds on custom orders so I'm going to lie and say that the charge on my credit card was an unauthorized payment so that I get to keep my "unwanted" products and screw you out of $120." Yup, it has all happened to me. I guess after 2.5 years in business I was bound to get fcuked but the timing of it really, really sucks. I.don't.need.this.stress. right now so I think I'm going to take a break. I feel bad, since there are still 80+ people on my waiting list, but none of them have paid anything toward their orders yet and I think I can justify my break. Besides, a woman on IVF drugs doesn't exactly make the best Customer Service Representative.
Let me say know that the progesterone shots sound WAY worse than the gel.... Wishing you luck on transfer. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteYour cravings are cracking me up, talk about RANDOM! Don't worry too much about the full bladder, you will likely have a nice little valium induced nap after the transfer, and before you know it they will be waking you telling you it's time to empty your bladder. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Your babes are almost home:)
ReplyDeleteIs valium a standard practice? I have no idea if my RE does it.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I love fudge stripe cookies. Haven't had them in forever either, but now I think I need to remedy that situation tomorrow!
ReplyDelete