Nov 21, 2011

November IComLeavWe

Hi everyone, I'm Megan, I'm 27 and this is my second IComLeavWe.  I'm married to a wonderful man name Mike, who is a soldier in the United States Army.  We're college sweethearts and have been married for 7.5 years.  I'm pretty sure that I was born in the wrong era as I love big band music and to bake and sew. You won't see this girl wearing pearls though--I prefer my sleeve of tattoos and a band t-shirt.

We've been TTC since February 2008, with a one year forced break from October 2008-2009 while my husband was on his second tour to Iraq. Our military insurance has a rule that you must be TTC for 12 consecutive months before they will refer you to a specialist so we were not able to see a RE until September 2010.  To say the care we received at the military infertility clinic was substandard would be putting it mildly and so last month we switched to a civilian RE. Before we switched, however, we completed six total medicated cycles and four IUIs--all negative obviously.  I have endometriosis and the lesions/scarring has caused my left ovary to fuse to my pelvic wall at such an angle that it has caused a partial blockage in my left fallopian tube. We chose to move on to IVF and I am on day 6 of stims.  In the past week I have had 24 injections and 4 blood draws.  Today I'll be having my 5th blood draw as well as an ultrasound to check the number and size of the follicles that are growing--hopefully it's a good number!

We are living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and absolutely love it here. It is the perfect place for myself, a self proclaimed left-minded liberal, to be and no one looks at me funny when I ask for vegetarian and vegan options. We really enjoy traveling around the state and experiencing all the opportunities this area has to offer and we especially enjoy all the great brews that the PacNW has to offer!  We're beer snobs.  What really makes this duty station great is that my brother is only an hour away--when we lived at Fort Drum, NY our closest family was 10+ hours away, so this is a definite perk. My brother and sister-in-law are actually going through IVF right now as well (MFI--azoospermia) and she is only a few days ahead of me in her cycle.  It's going to be a hormone fest at our Vegan Thanksgiving! I am sure the boys, ahem men, will be consuming copious amounts of beer. It'll be sparkling cider for SIL and I!

Well, that's about it I guess.   I am looking forward to discovering some new infertility blogs--I often spend my mornings/evenings sipping a cuppa and glancing through my Reader. Thanks for checking out my blog! Happy IComLeaveWe!

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing my first IComLeavWe, too!

    Nice to meet you, I'm Kayla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW! This is my second, too. I was born in Washington so I'm so jealous you're getting to take advantage of the awesome PNW!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!