Jun 27, 2011

Has My Body Failed Me Again?

The spotting started yesterday. 9 freaking days post-IUI.  I'm 11dpo today and the spotting has intensified. Just like it does every single month when the bitch's arrival is imminent. This isn't "Hmm...I've never had spotting like this before." This is "this shit happens every month" spotting.  My vow to stay away from Dr. Google has already been broken thanks to this stupid spotting.  I know it's early and that it's not over until the fat lady sings but I'm 99% sure that IUI #2 was a a big fat failure. 

So...what does that mean for us? Well, it means we'll be moving on to Femara + IUI next month. The RE told me that he doesn't like to do IUI with injectables because of the risk of multiples and cancellation due to overstimulation. I'm not sure how many rounds of Femara we will be allowed to do but he did tell us that our chances of conceiving with IUI decrease each month after four our five. Statistically, if I am going to get pregnant with IUI it will happen in the first few months. Third time's the charm?

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there... I'll be thinking of u and hoping for that BFP for ya!

    Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, AF stay away! I'm crossing my fingers that it's not over yet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!