Mar 11, 2012

17 Weeks

How big is baby? The size of an onion.
Symptoms: Lots of nausea and vomiting any time I eat anything substatial. Doesn't baby girl know that one can not live on Ramen? I think I am going to ask my midwife for some Zo.fran when I see her this week.
Total weight gain/loss: +3
Maternity clothes? Definitely. My non-maternity shirts ride up now and the bottom of my belly peeks out. 
Sleep: Either I'm sleeping really well or not at all.
Best moment this week: A spurt of energy on Thursday when Zero and I took a nice long walk. I was exhausted when I get home and was feeling quite a bit of movement. I had to tell her that it was time to  take a nap. I also went back to the re-sale shop and bought some adorable girl clothes! It's so much fun to shop for teeny tiny clothes.
Gender: GIRL
Movement: Butterflies and tap, tap, taps. Still pretty inconsistent though.
Food cravings: None.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In but it looks like it's starting to flatten. Even Mike noticed this week and said to our little girl, "What are you doing in there? You're pushing mom's belly button out!"
What I miss: Having energy and being able to eat real food without getting sick.
What I am looking forward to: Buying more girly stuff and beginning the work on the nursery. We bought a beautiful antique dresser on Friday. Shabby chic antique white with blue hues--from the early 1900s. LOVE!
Next Appointment:  3/14 with my midwife.
Weekly Wisdom: Water, water, water! Sometimes I swear pregnancy feels like one endless hangover.
Milestones: I feel like I really popped this week. I know my belly has been growing steadily but I feel like I woke up and all of the sudden it's there and starting to get in my way. It's a little hard to bend over now and when I sit down my belly rests on the tops of my thighs. I also got asked how far along I was by a stranger so I guess that means I look pregnant and not just chubby! It's strange--I've known for quite awhile now that I'm pregnant and that that would mean we will eventually bring home a baby. Now that we know what we're having and that we're starting to buy clothes, baby gear and things for the nursery, I don't know. It feels more real. It's still so surreal. I can't believe I'm going to be a mommy!










A HUGE congratulations to my dear friend Allie from Project Open Hearts! She welcomed her miracle baby boy into the world on Monday. Arie Jackson is so precious,  isn't he? She is already a breastfeeding rock star and doesn't look one bit exhausted. I hope I'm able to cope with new motherhood half as well as her! Congratulations, Allie!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 17 weeks and congrats on finding out baby's a girl! So exciting!! :) glad I found you and look forward to popping by and seeing the rest of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!