Dec 6, 2011

Happy St. Nicholas Day!!!


Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and St. Nicholas Day has always been very special to me. This year I got a very special gift: Santa brought me my first BFP. That's right, friends, I'm pregnant.

I am 6dp5dt and I woke up at 0430 and took a test. Nothing showed up at first and I felt so defeated but then, very slowly, a shadow of a line began to show and pretty soon there was a very faint but clear line. I just stared at it. I couldn't believe it. In almost four years, I have never, ever seen even a shadow of a second line that I didn't have to stare at cross eyed to see. It was a few minutes before I felt sure of that second little line and I went into the bedroom and shook Mike awake. He stirred and I asked if he was awake and as soon as I got a grunt of confirmation I blurted out, "There's two lines." He said, "I was dreaming about you peeing on a stick...." Then he hugged me and I started to ugly cry. Then we ran into the bathroom to stare at the test. Mike immediately said, "I see it!" Then we stared some more and Mike said, "We're staring....at your pee." Yes, yes we were. It was so funny that I had to commemorate it with a picture.

Quidditch is clearly oblivious to the epic event taking place in front of his very eyes.

Mike jokingly said, "There's two lines so that means there's two of them in there right?" to which I responded "Yeah and they're both pink so that means they're girls." I congratulated him and said, "Good job Mike. I'm KTFU" and he immediately said, "Hey now, no need to cuss in front of the little ears." Mike had to leave for work shortly after the Great HPT Staring Event of 2011 but he left the house in all smiles.  I took a second test and I thought for sure nothing would show up because it wasn't FMU but it turned up positive too! They lines are very light but they're there. Holy crap, I'm pregnant.  It's been almost seven hours since I took my first test and I'm still wearing my pajamas and laying in bed. I'm terrified to move...except to run back into the bathroom to make sure the lines are still there.  I had planned to clean the house today but now I'm scared to vacuum. I have no idea what to do with myself. Beta is scheduled for Friday and the clinic says that unless I start spotting then I should stick with that plan. How will I ever make it to Friday? AND I'm out of pregnancy tests. I think a trip to Tar.get is necessary--#1 To buy more HPTs. #2 To go to Starbucks and REALLY have a reason to order a decaf White Chocolate Mocha and #3 If I don't get out of this house then I will go crazy for sure.

I am rejoicing but I am also so, so scared.  If I've learned one thing in my years on infertility boards it's that life is precious. I am trying very hard not to think of all the "what ifs" and to celebrate the moment.  Right now, I'm pregnant and I love Bunsen and Beaker. Estimated due date is 22 August 2012, three days after Mike's birthday--how special is that?  Both of us are in absolute shock and we've decided to tell our families. They've all been so supportive of us in this journey and no matter what happens tomorrow, two weeks or two months from now, today I am pregnant and we want to celebrate this miracle with our families. We may not get another opportunity to do so and we want to soak up every bit of this excitement. If you are a friend reading this, please, please do not post anything on Facebook or anywhere else. We are not telling anyone IRL except family for right now. Consider yourself one of the privileged. :)

I've already talked to my mom and one of my sisters and I plan to email my brothers later. I was debating on whether or not to tell my brother our news since they won't find out anything until their beta on Sunday. (For my new readers: my SIL have been days apart in our IVF cycles. My brother was dx with azospermia in August and the timing just worked out for us to have overlapping cycles. SIL has two kids from a previous marriage but they have none together.) I'm so afraid of them getting bad news and the incredible guilt that will come along with our success and their failure.  However, my mom told me something that almost made me turn into a puddle of emotions: She said, "Your brother told me that he really hoped it worked for you because he knew that if you didn't get pregnant you'd be devastated. He said that if this doesn't work for them then it's not the end of their world but he knows you'd be crushed." Cue tears.  I really, really hope my brother gets good news and that my sister-in-law and I have babies together. It would be amazing.

I want to thank each and every person who has helped me, supported me and encouraged me on this journey. I had my doubts as to whether this day would ever come.  You never know how comforting the words of an internet stranger can be until you go on a journey like this. A huge thank you also goes out to the ladies who donated meds to me when mine were held hostage in Customs.  This literally would not be happening right now if it weren't for you and I will forever be grateful. I am still thinking of each and every one of my dear friends who is still waiting on their miracles. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that your time comes soon too. ((HUGS))

So, without further adeiu....proof that I am indeed KTFU. This is a St. Nicholas Day to remember! Believe in Christmas miracles, I know I do.



P.S. After telling Mike, the second best part of my day was getting to tell my six year old niece, the Amazing Annabelle, that her good luck card brought me lots of luck and that she was going to have a new baby cousin. Her response? "Aww. You have a BABY?!?!? Now I can tell my friends....." <3

22 comments:

  1. This post had me grinning from ear to ear. I am SO happy for you! I am praying for a sticky baby/sticky babies for you, and also for your brother and SIL. This is truly a very happy St. Nicholas Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose to do the exact same thing when we got our BFP in July. I told all my family right away at barely 5 weeks pregnant because I wanted just once to be able to call everyone and say "I'm Pregnant!". Sadly ours ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks, but I do not regret telling everyone in those early days. Here's hoping for a take home baby in 2012 for you, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making my cry!! Tears of joy that is!! I am so HAPPY for you and yes you have every right to celebrate every minute of this! You deserve it!! {{HUGS YOUR WAY}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, congrats! I love how your kitty was involved in staring at the the pee test also (too cute). It looks like your dream of being pregnant with SIL is one step closer. Sending postive thoughts and wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently started reading your blog and I am so glad that I was here to read about your big fat fabulous amazing wonderful positive! I love that your kitty was a part of the day too, mine would have been all up in that too lol. CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, I am so happy for you!!! We got our first + at 6dp5dt also! I have to say, in my groggy state when I saw the picture of you guys looking at your test it kinda freaked me out until I realized there was a mirror... It looked like you were strounded by cats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's a pretty awesome way to start your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl!!! So happy! I knew it! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Megan!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Congrats!!! Not far behind me! :) I am so happy for you and your DH! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! SO SO SO Happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower. Wishing you the best. My beta is Friday too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations! i am so happy for you, can't wait to hear more news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ::runs through blog screaming:: I read your blog yesterday but did not get a chance to comment, but I am sooooooo thrilled for you and Mike! You are going to be excellent parents!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan, I am so happy for you and Mike! This thrills me to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just started reading your blog recently and I'm glad I was here for the BFP. It gives the rest of us the ability to hang in there and hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i stumbled here..heck, i don't even know how. this post had me smiling the whole time. also- you are hilarious! lol

    congratulations on that BFP!

    looking forward to future & past posts to read :)
    a very H&H pregnancy.
    i'm still hoping for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been quietly stalking you Meg and am so, so happy for you guys! Congratulations and I wish you a happy and healthy nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  20. #1 - love that your cat's name is Quidditch. #2 - Love that your beans are named Beaker and Bunsen. #3 - MAZEL TOV!!! Just found your blog and I'm combing through past posts to catch up. I'm starting my IVF cycle soon so this is getting me excited!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!