Oct 30, 2011

Yellow Light

*pulls hair and screams* 

Nothing with infertility is easy but when you add Uncle Sam to the mix it gets damn near impossible.   I had a lunch with some fellow IFers yesterday and arrived home to two voice mails on our machine from my RE.  In the first he said he got my note about my meds and moving forward with my IVF. He said that we might have to wait until January because of the timing (my ER and ET would be Christmas week and remember I was worried about them being closed?) but that he'd still give us the 2011 prices. Nice guy!  About six minutes later, he left a second message saying that we could move everything up, providing I could get my meds in time. Instead of going on BCP in two weeks, I'd start stims! Aaah.  Normally I'd be totally stoked about this prospect, but guess what? The Husband left on Friday for training. He is not supposed to be home until Thanksgiving week, which would be cutting it awfully close! Effing Uncle Sam! *shakes fist*

I spent last night pouring over my calendar, trying to guess when my period will come but the sad truth is that I can not definitively say.  My cycles are regular but not like clockwork; they average cycles last around 27-30 days and I have no idea when this one will end.  I gave up on charting about a year ago but I do still track my cm and my period. I'm CD17 and just ovulated yesterday (+OPK--which seems kind of late and makes me question why the clinic on post always had me do IUI on CD 12 or 13. I can't keep  questioning their decisions....Time to move on!) I normally have a 13-14 day luteal phase, which means my period should start November 11th or 12th.  According to the calendar I got at my consultation, I should have my ER on CD 16 but that was for the Long Lupron Protocol, which would be November 27 or 28 and would mean that Mike would be home in plenty of time.  I'm new to this IVF thing but I'm assuming that we can't plan on my ER happening on CD16 and that it will depend on how I respond to the drugs.  I definitely don't want to start stims and go through everything only to have my retrevial canceled because Mike isn't home yet to give his contribution. Infertility is frying my brain.

I have to call the clinic tomorrow and hopefully I get good news.  Hopefully we can do our cycle in December as planned and won't have to wait until January. I know some people are probably thinking, "What's two more months? You've already waited three years!"  Exactly. We've already waited three years.  Many of our friends are on their second or third child and we sit here with empty arms. We are sick and tired of waiting for our shot at parenthood. Obviously we will wait until January if we have no choice, but we won't be happy about it.

4 comments:

  1. Well crap. I hope it works out some how- I know how frustrating the waiting and postponing can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the timing works out and you can cycle in December! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the military :( I hope everything works out, which ever way you choose to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to do it in November, two months is too two months too long, you already waited 3 years! That was enough waiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so I know you've been by. I'd love to come check out your blog too!